Dramatic Arts/Theatre Instructional Frameworks
Georgia Standards of Excellence for Dramatic Arts/Theatre
The Georgia Standards of Excellence for Dramatic Arts/Theatre are in full implementation starting in the 2018-2019 school year.
Georgia Standards of Excellence in Theatre
Georgia Standards of Excellence in Dramatic Writing with ELA
Georgia Standards of Excellence in Theatre and Film
Dramatic Arts/Theatre Crosswalk from GPS to GSE
K-12 Crosswalk Dramatic Writing with ELA
K-12 Crosswalk for Theatre
Individual Grade Level Resources
Types of Instructional Frameworks
The Instructional Frameworks for each subject area are found on each subject areas page and provide one way that teachers, schools, and districts might organize and teach the Georgia Standards of Excellence (GSE) within units.
• Curriculum Map - sample organization structure for each course
• Sample Units - sample essential questions, instructional activities, and projects for units in the curriculum map.
• Lesson Plans – sample projects, assessments, essential questions, and instructional activities including a classroom ready power point.
• Tutorial Videos – created to provide the teacher with specific technical skills and best practices in an art form. Examples include casting, graphite reduction drawing, and creating a path in Illustrator. Also includes instruction on how to set up an age appropriate art room, run a kiln, and organize displays or schoolwide art show.
Grades K-5 (Projected 2020 Development)
• Grade Kindergarten
• Grade 1
• Grade 2
• Grade 3
• Grade 4
• Grade 5
Grades 6-8 (Projected 2020 Development)
• Grade 6
• Grade 7
• Grade 8
Grades 9-12 (These resources are under development 2018-2019 school year)
• Acting I
• Dramatic Writing I (for Film, Television, and Theatre)
• Film and Television I
• Fundamentals of Theatre I
• Musical Theatre I
• Technical Theatre I